“Stop slouching” classes
We’ve listened to your mother. She’s right.
What’s your excuse for slouching? There’s no evidence to suggest that improving your posture makes you more attractive, accentuates your curves, increases your IQ or improves your sexual appeal … but it stands to reason.
But let’s look at the facts:
- Tall people earn more and have better mobile phone reception.
- Height is proportional to IQ and a greater sense of self-righteous entitlement.
- Tall people are the first to know when it’s raining and the last to drown when it floods.
- Standing up straight is the new black.
Ok, so we can’t change your height, but we can help remedy a worsening situation. Improved posture is associated with:
- Reduced spinal pain
- Improved respiratory function
- Reduction in obstructive sleep apnoea
- Improved gastrointestinal function
Kingsley Studio offers small and large group programs focused on the re-strengthening and preferential recruitment of slow twitch and core stabilizing musculature. A posture analysis consultation is required with your referring physiotherapist prior to the commencement of a postural retraining program.
For more information about Kingsley Studio’s classes for posture correction click here.